The dough was super simple and it really doesn't need any chilling but of course you can pop the dough in the fridge if you want to make the dough ahead.
Just let it come back to room temperature before rolling it out.
3 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
2 sticks butter at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla or 1/2 tsp almond extract
1 pinch salt
green & blue food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit
- Mix all ingredients together making sure not to over mix the dough.
- Separate dough into three bowls.
- Dye the dough with the food coloring: 2/3 blue, 1/3 green & 1 Tbsp or so in white
- Roll out the blue dough and using either a round cookie cutter or a glass cut out circles.
- Use the green and white dough to make the shapes of the continents.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the bottoms slightly brown.
- Cool before eating.