Indulge in the irresistible charm of our delightful cinnamon roll-inspired cookies. Crafted with a sumptuously buttery cookie dough, these treats embrace the essence of a classic cinnamon roll. Each bite reveals a tantalizing blend of cinnamon and sugar paste nestled within the tender layers of the dough.
Baked to perfection, these cookies boast a delightful crunch, courtesy of the heavenly cinnamon filling. With their enticing aroma and inviting texture, these cookies are a true delight for the senses. Aesthetically pleasing and rich in flavor, they are a must-try for anyone enamored with the warmth and allure of cinnamon.
Perfect for passionate cinnamon enthusiasts, these cookies promise a beautiful and delectable experience, sure to captivate the taste buds and leave a lasting impression of sweet, buttery perfection.
Makes 36 cookies
- 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup (75g) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 8 1/2 Tbsp (125g) soft unsalted butter
- 3/8 cup (75g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp water
- In a large mixing bowl mix flour, baking powder, sugar, Vanilla, salt, egg, and butter until an even dough forms.
- Roll the dough out into an 8.5"x 11" large dough.
- Mix cinnamon, brown, sugar, and water until paste forms. Spread the cinnamon filling evenly over the entire surface.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Roll the dough into a roll. Wrap in plastic and rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Slice into 1/4" thick slices and bake on a parchment-covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the edges are lightly browned
- Let the cookies cool completely before storing them in an airtight container for up to 2 months.