These unassuming, super easy cookies are a lovely addition to our cookie plate. They are simple, a little crunchy, and melt in your mouth cookies. They consist of a lot of cornstarch, this gives the melt in your mouth consistency, and the same ingredient will create dough that is super easy to handle. It almost has the consistency of playdough before baking. This is a super great cookie to let your young kids help with.
Again we use a classic shape. Make small balls, dip a fork into some cornstarch if the fork sticks, and press the fork into the dough ball, leaving 4-5 striped impressions.
Once the cookie has baked we dust the cooling cookies with powdered sugar.
Makes 32 cookies
- 8 ½ Tbsp (125g) unsalted butter soft
- 1 cup (125g) cornstarch
- ½ cup (60g) All-Purpose flour
- ½ cup (50g) powdered sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a large mixing bowl mix butter, cornstarch, flour, powdered sugar, and Vanilla and mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Roll into a 1" roll and cut into 32 pieces.
- Roll each piece into balls and place on a parchment-covered cookie sheet.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Press with a fork and place on a parchment-covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the cookies have cooled, dust them with powdered sugar.
- Let the cookies cool completely before storing them in an airtight container for up to 2 months.